Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Very Busy Girl

In the past two months our brilliant girl has learned so many signs. Without us prompting her to do it, she signs: milk, eat, drink, cracker, water, banana, all done, mom, grandma, potty, diaper, more, bird, fish, dog, horse, bunny, frog, baby (which she does when she wants to watch "Baby Signing Time"), hat, please, thank you, ball, wash hands, and brush teeth. Sometimes she signs "eat, cracker, please", or "wash hands, water". I can't even imagine the communication problems and frustration we would have if she couldn't tell us what she wanted. She can say a few words now, too. She says (and understands what she's saying): Dada, Mama/Mumma (she sometimes calls my mom "Mama", a little confused), Bubba (Trooper's nickname), bup (when she wants "up").

Nowadays, Lennon will sit and look at a book or play with some toys for a couple of minutes, so I get some time to get few things done around the house. She also feeds herself now, so I actually get to eat too!

If you've had the pleasure of spending some time with Lennon you know she is extremely active, social, curious, and very bright. She is proving all of our baby-proofing attempts to be failures. Her trick du jour is pulling the pillows off the couch and using them as steps to get up on the couch where she grabs everything she can before we catch her. It's exhausting chasing after her, but it's also so much fun. She keeps me on my toes, but she's one of the few people in this world who can really make me laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The people in my life who I am closest to and who I love with great intensity - have been the ones who can really make me laugh.
You are one of those people. Now your Little Lennon is as well.

How lucky are we - who can share the joy of a hardy laughing out loud rolling on the floor tickle your innards laff session?!

I ruv that LB can be soooooo silly.
Her dancing, belly laughs, fun interactive games... A small child with such a great sense of humour!
Who would'a thunk?

xom

P.S. The signing is most impressive: whole sentences!

Jessamyn Harris said...

aaah, she's absolutely got to be the cutest thing ever. your mom's right about her ability to make a person crack up, and it seems to me that she knows it!
so adorable.

Jill said...

WOW! She is so smart...just like her Mama! Shane is working on his signs still, but we have to prompt him usually. Hopefully he will start getting it on his own in a couple months too!

We love you LB!

xoxo